Professional development

Service Learning is not simply a way for students to earn a grade! It is also not simply a way for them to experience, hands on, some lessons we discuss in a classroom. Nor is it solely a way for UWF students to give back to either hometown or UWF community. Service learning is also a way to hone in on some professional development skills which are and will be needed in every aspect of life. Melissa recognized excellent professional development practice during her service learning:

Throughout my service learning I developed better teamwork skills, my leadership skills and my creativity. Becoming an Elementary education Major hoping to teach Kindergarten, these are all super important skills to have and to keep working on. I used to be afraid to talk in front of people, but teaching the kids about how photosynthesis works and coming up with the “today I ate a rainbow” project, I realized it wasn't so bad.

                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting you message awaits approval.