My 10 Hour day at Gulf Islands National Seashore!





As my alarm went of a 6oclock AM on September 26, 2015, I was all but excited to spend 10 hours on Gulf Islands National Seashore. However, as I look back on the day, it feels great to know that I personally was able to make an environmental impact on the place that I love and have grown up in.  Gulf Islands National Seashores mission is to preserve the pristine beaches, wildlife, and the culture so that many people after us are able to learn and enjoy the same things that we did. The organizations mission was a huge reason why I chose to volunteer with them. It is inspiring to me that people have so much passion to preserve something for not themselves to enjoy, but the future generations to come. They are participating in something bigger then themselves, and for myself to have the opportunity to do the same, felt awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting you message awaits approval.