Everyone can do something!

One of my favorite statements about service learning thus far:
Part of an oyster reef built by students!

"My experience with Keep Pensacola Beautiful has led me to want to work with them more in the future once I’m out of the wheelchair. To see people who volunteer their “sleeping in” time on a Saturday morning to go out and build oyster reefs or clean up a cemetery inspires me and makes me realize that things like this are important for communities to participate in. The thing that amazed me was that the people who showed up were always happy to be there and always smiling and very kind. It was such a great overall experience that I would encourage anybody to check out at least once."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting you message awaits approval.